July 7, 2017

Ugly is In the Eye of the Beholder


Skylark Motel
Springfield, VA
1950's

Here is the postcard that inspired this blog, Ugly Motel Rooms. To be fair, the room isn't all that ugly -- in fact, I think it's groovy with all these Scandinavian modern furniture and fixtures. (And look at that cute little old-timey phone in the corner between the sofas.) But when I once showed this postcard to someone, she thought it was ugly. I've been collecting (and selling) vintage postcards for many years, and I've run into my share of many postcards showing motel/hotel rooms that are hilariously outdated by today's standards. So, I've decided to share these postcards on the blog, and trust me, I have way more th post in the future. So, brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment