March 30, 2020

Beam Me Out of this Motel Room, Scott!



Cosmic Age Lodge
Anaheim, CA
1960's?

 Greetings, people. I know this blog has been inactive for some reason, and it's likely to remain that way. But here's a postcard that I couldn't resist blogging about. In addition to its goofy space-age motif, my family actually stayed at this motel one night on a trip to Disneyland in early 1970's. Normally, my family didn't stay at these kinds of motels -- my parents preferred hotels that are slightly more classy. But for some reason I don't remember, there was a problem with my parents' reservation at one hotel, so we ended up spending our first night at this motel which was very close to Disneyland -- it was right down the street from the front entrance to Disneyland's parking lot (which was just a ginormous parking lot back tehn). My parents weren't fond of the motel room, but as a grade school kid, I thought it was cool, especially these glass panels with bubbles of turquoise blue and green embedded in them.




No comments:

Post a Comment