January 9, 2015

Introduction

Greetings, everyone. I've been collecting postcards for many years, and one of the categories is vintage motel rooms. The reason, as you shall see in subsequent posts here, is that they rarely are anything but bland, and provide a glimpse into the tastes and styles of time past. Not everyone might view some of the rooms as ugly; in fact, some rooms might be even viewed as cool and even fashionable today, especially rooms decorated in the mid-century modern style.

It is my goal to post at least two times a week, and I have plenty of materials for this blog, which should keep the blog going for a while. Also, if you have a scan of a motel room postcard (or even a photograph of a memorable motel room) you'd like to feature on this blog, I'd be happy to put it on the blog with credit going to you -- just contact me privately.

Now, let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment